Christmas at Butler Brothers at Lakewood Park ...Rudolph's nose catches on fire, 1951
Supplementary material reads: "Don Rochlen. Lakewood Park Public Relations. Monday. 'Help! Santa Claus, bring the first aid kit and a fire extinguisher. Rudolph is in trouble'. Yes, Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer was really red hot. In fact, the rosey proboscis which has made Rudolph the most famous of all reindeer, was on fire. You see, it all happened while Rudolph was making a pre-Christmas appearance atop Butler Brother's department store in Lakewood Park (California). Rudolph was the victim of sabotage when a short circuit started a fire in his sniffer which in this case as a large red light bulb. Passers by, including a few worried youngsters, were startled when Rudolph gave out a miniature explosion amid a shower of sparks and smoke. No serious damage resulted, except possibly to Rudolph's dignity, and Santa Claus, who left his post in the toy department to help extinguish the blaze which was confined to Rudolph, said the animal, red nose and all would be back in shape in time to help him make his Christmas deliveries:.